I follow Oprah World on Twitter and she said "One day, you'll be just a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one." It's been thirteen years since my father passed away and as time goes by little bits of memories go too. In these last thirteen years technology has changed so much. I didn't have a camera phone back or even a digital SLR. Sure I have pictures of him but not a many as I would have liked. Capturing family moments is really important to me because if one day I am not here I would like to have something for my kids to look back on. I love taking photos of my kids as they grow and seeing the changes. But one things comes to mind as I look at all the pictures I now have on my hard drive, where am I at. Sure having pictures of the kids as they grow is important but I think that maybe my kids would love to have pictures of me. Like Oprah said "one day, you'll be just a memory" and wouldn't you like to have something your children and other family members could have if you weren't here? So I will challenge myself, this new year, to take more pictures of ME. And I'm not talking about doing "selfies" with your cell phone in the bathroom! I'm talking about using your camera to take interactive photo with our families. It will be a real challenge as I find ways to get this done and because I hate taking pictures of myself. I also will challenge you to do the same. Would love to see what you come up with and I will post here what I come up with. I'm starting this February 1st as that is my sons birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment